Problem : The City of Corona wanted to provide their residents with a convenient and innovative tool that provides instant communication and better access to city staff and services. Plus the City knew how important it is to own their own IP (Intellectual Property) and wanted to maintain ownership of their app.
Solution :The City of Corona hired ABI to develop an app and transfer the ownership to the City of Corona, who launched an innovative mobile application (City App) with features not previously seen in municipality mobile applications. The City’s free app for smartphones allows constituents simplified access to the latest news, urgent alerts, quick-call department directory, and plenty more in the latest form of communication from City Hall.
“Following the direction of the 2014-2019 Strategic Plan the City proactively sought out new and better communication tactics to better reach our residents,” said Mayor Karen Spiegel. “Our City App is a direct link to our elected officials and city staff to strengthen the commitment of being responsive to the needs of the community.”
Available in both the App Store for Apple iOS devices and Google Play Store for Android devices, the City of Corona mobile app will bring information to the city’s 160,000+ constituents in a simplified manner.
“During our analysis for designing this app, practicality was important,” said Administrative Services Director Darrell Talbert. “There are many mobile apps out there, but this app went past the typical to provide engaging resources for the community to connect with resources and their elected leadership.”
For a commuter population such as the City of Corona, the City App has live video feeds of the City’s streets and freeway onramps allowing for real time decisions for our local commuters. As part of a safe community, the City App has a simple form to submit anonymous crime tips to the Corona Police Department. Both of these features are unique to the City App making this more than your children’s game app.
The City App combines a variety of information and functionality already found on DiscoverCorona.com and InnerCircleCorona.com with new features not previously available:
- Traffic: watch live video feeds to city streets and freeway onramps and look up the latest 91 freeway construction alerts.
- Crime Tips: submit anonymous crime information to Corona Police Department.
- News: read the latest press releases and articles on what is happening in Corona and connect with the City’s social media outlets.
- City Council: contact Council Members with a click of a button, read the latest council agenda in the palm of your hand, or watch live streaming council meetings from your mobile device.
- City Hall: click to call with a simplified phone directory for city services, contact department directors or submit a public records request.
- See Click Fix: take ownership of your city by utilizing the See Click Fix program to report graffiti, potholes, or out street lights.
- Alerts: push notifications to receive urgent alerts directly from the city.
- Recreation: browse a digital version of the recreation guide and sign up for activities.
- E-Books: use your Corona Public Library card to check out e-books and download them onto your mobile device or tablet for convenient reading.
- Bill Payment: quickly pay your water bill from your mobile device.
- Parks: browse the City’s 38 parks for amenities and location.
- Animals: scroll through images of adoptable dogs and cats from the Corona Animal Shelter.
Results : The addition of the City of Corona mobile app to the array of communication tools the city offers its residents will help continuously build a bridge between Corona residents and their local government.
Read more here: http://www.innercirclecorona.com/corona-launches-community-mobile-app/